So it's 2 A.M. and finals start tomorrow. You know, no big deal, I'm just gonna start a blog because that sounds like the best thing to do at 2 A.M. the night before almost all of my finals.
It sounds like a really big deal but it really isn't, because really, I've already really done most of my finals. I mean, for most of them all I really had to do was create a portfolio or write an essay or do a take-home quiz. So all the shitty work is done. Yay!
However, even if I had one of those monster tests that threatens to eat you from the inside out like in Alien, I would probably still be awake right now. With the exception of those all-important "Do it right or you won't ever get into college" tests, I've found that sleep deprivation helps me do much better on everything, from tests to cartwheels and humor.
Sometimes I like to think that in this way I am superhuman, and that my brain was clearly developed in a lab on a different planet where nobody needs to sleep and they simply screwed the wrong brain into the wrong body and shipped it to the wrong planet, in a way, not entirely unlike Superman.
But then I realize that it's probably just my brain cells seducing my body into producing some extra pretty adrenaline chemicals so they can have a party up in my head as compensation for the extra work I have put them through. As always, this party eventually ends badly with all those poor brain cells drunk and on the floor, not remembering their adrenaline partners' names, which, at the same time leaves me incapable of putting sentences or logic together.
My brain cells are party animals, and adrenaline is a whore.
So right. 2:30. The Boy already went to bed about an hour ago because he also has a class tomorrow where he has to turn in his final. He doesn't want me to call him The Boy because he thinks that it's too generic. I shall think of something. Maybe like WolfMan, or Max, or Mah Sexay. He's an author. Kind of. He's a writer and will be an author. Someday.
We (The Boy and I) had a conversation yesterday and it went something like this:
The Boy: "I wonder if coffee and hot chocolate taste good together."
Me: "I do believe that it is called a Mocha."
I don't drink coffee. In fact, I'm really still not entirely sure what the different kinds of coffee are, but The Oatmeal is slowly helping me through my incompetence. This leap was just as impressive on my part as it was cute on his.
Now I am sure you are saying "GASP??!???! CHOKECHOKECHOKE. NOT LIKE COFFEE?!? WHO THE HELL DOES THIS LITTLE CHICA THINK SHE IS ANYWAY?!???!??" or maybe you're more like "Scoffity scoff scoff, all real adults drink coffee. She must not exist."
When I was younger, I hated coffee.
Right now I still kinda am not really okay with the taste of coffee.
Conclusion: I will probably always hate coffee.
My parents always told me that this was a stupid conclusion to draw and that I would like coffee when I was older and in college.
Well...... now I'm older. AND I'm in college. Truthfully, I like the idea of coffee. I think it's kind of a romantic idea actually, sort of like chocolate. Maybe it's because they both come from black beans in equatorial countries full of culture surrounding said beans? However, I still hate the taste of coffee as much as I used to. Kind of as much. I mean, it's tolerable I guess... if you accidentally bite into a coffee-flavored chocolate.
(My parents also said the same thing about alcohol, but that is getting better.)
(My parents also said the same thing about eggplant, and they were right... Eggplant is tasty.)
(My parents also said the same thing about peppers and mushrooms..... and so far they are still wrong on this. Bell peppers are icky and mushrooms are mushy and tasteless fungi...)
So I don't know if I'll ever like coffee. But The Boy makes it a lot. He calls it liquid joy. I assume that maybe once we get married and I become exposed to coffeeness every day that maybe I might eventually like coffee.
But that's okay, because as we already discussed, my brain runs on adrenaline orgies, so I'm good to go without coffee most of the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment