Sunday, December 12, 2010

Longview



So, I have awesome friends at college, and they invited me and my other friend back to their hometown for the first few days of winter break.

It has been interesting.

My friends have lots of videogames. I’m not very good at videogames, mostly because I’m too poor to have any consoles, and because my parents are both smart-nerds and not game-nerds, so they never really let me have one.

I guess that in the right mood I could really enjoy videogames, but every time that I get together with people to play games, no matter what type, I invariably always perform poorly, due to that whole lack of console and practice and ability to understand machines thing.

So the first night I managed to strategically avoid all of the videogames...





...by occupying myself with such activities as "surfing the internet", "watching my other friend play WoW", "looking like a loner", and "eating tasty cupcakes". I imagine I looked really bored because they kept asking if I wanted to play. And I didn't.





But the second night was different.  The second night I was introduced to MarioKart. I was reminded of the olden days at my old elementary school when we would have computer lab class and file into the little room with eight little Macintosh computers, and how if I wasn't busy working on some silly project, I would play racing games. 

When I realized MarioKart was a racing game and not a fighting game, I was intrigued, and thought that, since I was kind of okay at racing games as a child, I might not suck so epically.

So I decided to/was coerced/forced into playing this fascinating game.

Although, I made it very clear that I was not ready for the challenge ahead of me. A controller was thrown at me and I was given some very quick instructions and then we were starting, and I was confused.








 Eventually I kind of came to understand it... Kind of. One of my friends was all "USE YOUR ITEM, PRESS L!!!" and I was like "I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. I'M TOO BUSY NOT RUNNING INTO THINGS TO COMPREHEND."


I was not very good at this game.








But it was fun. Even though I was sucking. And my friends were like "We can stop if you want..." And then I was like "NO. NO WAY. SIT YOUR ASS DOWN. I'M GONNA MAKE THIS FUCKER MY BITCH."  And I did not succeed.

Although I did come in eleventh once...





 Although I didn't technically "come in" at all, because I never got to finish, and was usually at least half a lap behind everyone. It was more like "Not losing quite as much", simply because once I was in front of one car.

That was that one game that I wasn't being lapped by people and wasn't at least a half a lap behind everyone.

So yeah. I suck.

Anyway, I discovered, in Longview that there are lots of other things to see and do besides videogames. (Note: Sentence prior to be read with excessive amounts of sarcasm. Like, a glacier of sarcasm. That's how much)

Although, to be fair, there's a lot more to do around here than in my home town. I think...

Anyway, yeah, things to see, like the Weyerhauser Mills!!!




 And it has a Ross: Dress for Less!




Yay for retail fun with friends!






 We're special. It was a special night. A loud one too... I only remember snatches of it because I was mostly following my impulses, but I do remember Turkey soup, and being pushed off of my friend's couch and onto a piano bench on the other side and laying motionless for a while, and yelling about how terrible my friends were until somebody would come pick me up. I also remember a lot of pretty Christmas lights... And tanning, because my friend has a tanning bed in her basement. (It's super cool. I'm way too poor for that...)

Anyway, special thanks to my friend who I'm staying with, because she helped me take pictures of all of these... pictures, because she doesn't have a scanner, but she does have a much better camera than I do :D

UPDATE: I played RockBand drums the day after this.... I am so awesome at them :D Though I think it's because my friend's set was well calibrated/synched as opposed to other rhythm games that I've played. Because I HAVE rhythm but other games always say that I'm off :(

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy this post, I also enjoy the fact that I might finally be able to beat you at something....video games. :) lol. you know I love you. and who is that gay friend in your picture, well the better question is why isn't that gay friend me. lol. loves you hunny bunny. <3

    ReplyDelete