So I rolled out of bed this morning and took the remainder of my finals in my pajamas. Because there is nothing in this world that says “I have confidence in my exam-taking abilities!” like wearing pajama pants. And surprisingly, this both:
A: made me feel lucky and better about myself and the score that I would be getting.
B: made me feel superior to everyone not wearing pajama pants.
My pajama pants:
Now imagine those tucked into snowboots. I was on the top of the fucking world.
So I guess I’m leaving tomorrow, and I guess I really should have been, you know, cleaning my room, and I guess I should have been packing and stripping my bedsheets and choosing which DVDs to take home and taking out the trash and wheeling my bike up into my room. But instead, I took a 5 hour nap, ate lots of Raisinettes, and talked to my friend because she was feeling crummy and I love her.
And we were talking about this one party that neither of us were going to and I said that it reminded me of when I was little when my best friend and I ditched the slumber party of the year to watch Gremlins and play Neopets, which, as you might remember, was VERY hip about 10 years ago.
And then this happened:
So of course, when I tried to sign in, Neopets was all “Meh, You suck. We deleted you four years ago after you didn’t sign on for 3 years.” And I was like “WTF. This is terrible customer service” so I created a new user profile.
It was actually a good thing, because I didn’t want to sign on after 7 years and find that my old pets were all decrepit skeletons that died saying “FEED MEEEE!” and “PLAY WITHH MEEEEE”. Instead I got to start over conscience-free , which was actually pretty exciting. I got to make a pet again!
The thing about Neopets, is that most of them look kind of like real animals, just different. And their names are kind of like real animal names, but just different. Here are a few concept sketches I’ve done for Neopets in my infinite bounds of spare time:
The thing about Neopets, is that most of them look kind of like real animals, just different. And their names are kind of like real animal names, but just different. Here are a few concept sketches I’ve done for Neopets in my infinite bounds of spare time:
This is Fishita. See, she's got a little hair tuft and she is clearly bipedal, so she can't just be a sexy fish, right? Or take this one right here. His name is FRawg.
Now of course, there are those few Neopets characters that look absolutely NOTHING like anything in the real world. Like that Chia thing. If I were a Neopets creator, and I had to simply draw the first thing that came to my mind when I thought of abstract animals that couldn't be real, (as I'm sure that was what the instruction was) then it would probably look something like this:
Oh, and did I mention the fact that you pet can only come in one of four colors initially? Do you remember that? That was pretty awesome. For the first time ever, you can have a blue horse. Er... Uni. Or a green tiger! (Which is actually a Kougra). The realism is staggering.
Anyway, yeah, I played Neopets games all night. Because in the Neopets world, playing games gives you money. And you can’t feed your poor starving Neopet if you don’t have enough money.
And Neopets is the only place in the whole world that the economy is powered by game-play, so I took the opportunity to live out this fantasy. Because you know, my green Kougra is going to die if I don’t buy it food.
And Neopets is the only place in the whole world that the economy is powered by game-play, so I took the opportunity to live out this fantasy. Because you know, my green Kougra is going to die if I don’t buy it food.
Not gonna lie, Tyger, That turkey/turd/rapper looks an awful lot like a penis...with a turkey tail...That is the worst blue ball I have ever seen.
ReplyDeletePenis? Really? that doesn't look like any penis I've seen. Perhaps you're thinking creepy, messed-up, fetish dildo?
ReplyDelete