Monday, January 3, 2011

GUESS WHAT!!!!

It is currently 2*F.


And by it, I mean outside.
and by * I mean degrees.
and by F I mean Fahrenheit
And by 2 I mean two. T.W.O.  Tee, Double-you, Oh.

Funny, how that little asterisk looks more like a snowflake than anything right now.

I also enjoy how much the word Fahrenheit sucks to spell. It's not phonetic. At all. That would be Fair-in-height. But it's not. Because Fair-in-height would be used like this:

Renaissance Man 1: Miss Chauncey is looking rather stunning tonight, wouldn't you say, dear Roderick?
Renaissance Man 2 (Roderick): Quite, quite Mr. Grimsbury. Though I would never take her to marry.
Mr. Grimsbury: Prithee Mr. Roderick, why ever not? She is most fair-in-height.
Roderick: It's those heels Mr. Grimsbury. She is fair-in-height until you come across her in the garden barefoot as I have. Nay, she is much to short.


Or like this:

Angel handing out bodies to souls: Well, now that we've tabulated the points from the hopscotch contest and the winners have received the gift of grace, let's move on to the bear-wrestling tournament, which has decided height. Eleonore, you beat the shit out of that bear, so you have achieved a height of Outstanding. Elizabeth, you only had a few pretty bad scratches, so you'll be getting a height of Excellent. Emily, You managed to survive intact but you couldn't manage to kill the thing, so you get a height of Acceptable. And Ermilda.... well, you survived... so you get a height of Fair.
Elizabeth: It's alright Ermilda, you got more "chutzpa" than I did.
Ermilda: Yeah, I guess it's okay to get a Fair-in-height. Though I hate my name. I'm going to have terrible parents.









Sorry, no pictures today folks. I'm baaaack in college and my roommate is asleep and I couldn't wait to post this, because it wouldn't be 2*F forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment