Not that it's really different than usual, it's just a little more accepted.
To put tonight into simple terms though, I felt more like Ke$ha tonight than I ever have in my life.
-I didn't get drunk.
-I didn't have a fedora.
-I didn't have my drunk-text on.
-I didn't take (all) my clothes off.
-The Boy definitely doesn't look like Mic Jagger.
HOWEVER, during/after all of the poppers and confetti spewed their contents into the fan and all over every surface in our living room, I rolled around in it and people covered me with shit and then I drank sparkling cider out of a fancy looking glass, and I have a picture of me looking like this:
(Remember when Ulla draw pictures by hand? Ulla draw this picture in paint because it's late...-The Producers. Kind of. Ish.)
But The Boy isn't so fond of things being messed up so he went through and combed them all out of my hair like an ape looking for lil' baby bugs in its fur. He also doesn't like Ke$ha so I had to stop singing after the 3rd time through "We R Who We R"...
After which I moved on to "Sober girls around [you] they be ack-in like they drunk, they be ack-in like they drunk, ack-in like they dru-uh-unk."
But then I remembered that there was family around.
So... that stopped.
.......yeah.............
Anyway, to wrap up the night.....
So you know how I talked about our family gingerbread tradition?
We... have another holiday tradition.
On New Years, right after the ball drops and we finish going crazy, we return to the kitchen. Then we clear some space on the table and take out our delightful gingerbread creations. We set them gingerly upon the table and ooh and aahh at them in front of all of our guests and then take some pretty pictures.
And then, just when they're done admiring what a jolly good show we've put on and are just about done with it, we take out the mallet.
And we fucking smash them all to hell.
P.S. Dear 2011,
2010 rocked my goddamn world. You've got a large task ahead of you, but I have high expectations. I don't expect to graduate again, but I do expect that I should have a fun time in school and that I shall find employment within you. But you shall see, young Padiwan. It is just the beginning. Here. Have a rattle and a jack-in-the-box and a nap, and enjoy them while you can before some real shit goes down and you have real problems to deal with. Would you like a drink?
No comments:
Post a Comment