Thursday, January 6, 2011

Soup Ramblings

 I am eating soup tonight! Not real soup, but powder-and-noodles-in-a-box soup.
It is going WHIRRRRRRRRRRRRR in the microwave. Or rather, the microwave is going WHIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR and my soup is hoping that it will be able to make it a full cycle around the microwave before the glass plate goes "CLUNK. FUCK YOU. NO, I DON'T SWING THAT WAY." Silly soup.

Today I burnt my tongue on soup. But that was real soup.
I got it from the cafeteria and everything.
Which I guess means it was questionable, but it wasn't powder-and-noodles-in-a-box soup. And I know this for a fact because the vegetables were saturated and there were no noodles, and also, it was potato soup. I don't think they sell potato soup in a box.


Anyway, my tongue got burnt and so I was mad at it for being so hot.
But I felt bad afterwards because it was really tasty.
Even if it did call itself Potato W/Ham, and it only really had one ham chunk.
And I was eating it really fast.
 But in all fairness, if you wait for something to be cool enough to eat then it's always unpleasantly cold by the end of your mastication.

CAN you masticate soup? I always thought of that word applying to meats, and things that you had to REALLY dig into and slurp and suck and chew. Soup's pretty simple. That's why sick people and hospital patients eat it. Because when people are incapacitated, they suck at eating.

~*~

This box noodle soup isn't very yummy. It has a weird smell. And it's making my burnt taste buds feel weird/like they're on fire.

Fail.

Also, I like this song. It's my song of the week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_68ZvH4jdI

No comments:

Post a Comment